Thursday, September 30, 2010

Eyes of Faith

May the good Lord bless you today and always!
This morning I sat in my big chair looking out at the new day dawning, and I was struck by the marvel of the human eye, created by our wonderful heavenly Father! I thought, as I sat there, of all the things my mind had thought about, and prayed about, and was made aware that the soul of a person, the feeling part, the thinking, reasoning part, is blessed to be able to "look out" at his world with the wonderful eyes we've been given. What we see does indeed affect our soul. The beauties of this created world blesses us every day....hopefully we let those blessings draw our souls wholly to God, rather than drawing us toward loving too much the things of this world. But, I thank God for the physical eyes He has so wondrously created!
More than the physical eyes, I thank Him for the "eyes of faith," which I believe He also put into each one of us if we will accept them! "Seeing the Unseen" is the greatest blessing of all!
We are told in Romans that salvation is by faith from first to last! What a concept to consider!
It seems to me that God's heart is greatly pleased and touched when human beings accept His Word by faith....willing to stake their lives and beliefs on His promises that faith in Him and in His Son, Jesus Christ, will be richly rewarded here and in eternity!
My prayer today is that you will embrace faith in Jesus Christ, put Him on in baptism if you haven't, receive the precious forgivness and renewal He offers, and live for Him every moment of your life. Then when you stand before your awesome Maker you will have the right to claim Jesus as your righteousness! (read 1Cor. 1:30)
Isaiah 57:2 says, "those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death."
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment